- Wang, H., Yi,S., and Sharma, M.M. 2018. A Computationally Efficient Approach to Modeling Contact Problems and Fracture Closure Using Superposition Method. Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, Vol(93): 276-287. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tafmec.2017.09.009
- Wang, H and Sharma, M.M. 2017. A Non-Local Model for Fracture Closure on Rough Fracture Faces and Asperities. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol (154):425-437. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.petrol.2017.04.024
- Wang, H and Sharma, M.M. 2018. Estimating Fracture Closure Stress in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs with Diagnostic Fracture Injection Tests. Paper ARMA-2018-225 presented at the 52nd US Rock Mechanics / Geomechanics Symposium, held in Seattle, Washington, June 17-20.
- Wang, H and Sharma, M.M. 2018. Estimating Unpropped Fracture Conductivity and Compliance from Diagnostic Fracture Injection Tests. Paper SPE 189844 presented at the SPE Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference and Exhibition, The Woodlands, Texas, 23 - 25 Jan. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/ 189844-MS.
- Wang, H and Sharma, M.M. 2017. New Variable Compliance Method for Estimating Closure Stress and Fracture Compliance from DFIT data. Paper SPE 187348 presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in San Antonio, TX, USA, 09 – 11 October. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/ 187348-MS
What is DFIT-Maestro?
Diagnostic Fracture Injection Tests (DFITs) is a fracture diagnos-tic tool to obtain hydraulic fracturing parameters and reservoir properties. DFIT provides an estimate of closure stress, pore pressure, fracture dimension, reservoir flow capacity, fracture compliance and fracture conductivity by analyzing shut-in data.
Motivation behind DFIT-Maestro
Current practice is to use Carter's Leak-off with constant pressure boundary condition and assumption of constant fracture compliance or stiffness. These oversimplifications lead to erroneous interpretations of DFIT data. .
DFIT-Maestro solves a transient flow problem of a closing fracture with changing boundary conditions:
- Leak-off rate is fracture pressure dependent
- Fracture compliance or stiffness is changing with pressure as fracture closes progressively from its edges to the center
- Before closure and after closure data are seamlessly bridged
- A global history match provides more reliability in the re-sults of interpretation
DFIT-Maestro is developed by Hanyi Wang and Dr. Mukul Sharma.
For information/inquiries, please fill out the contact form.