Contact Us

What is PERF CLUSTER DESIGNER?

Perf Cluster Designer is an efficient (PC-based) simulator for estimating and optimizing propppant in plug-and-perf stimulation stages.  It integrates numerically obtained proppant transport behavior with an efficient multi-cluster hydraulic fractruing simulator to quantitatively estimate and optimize fluid and proppant distribution among multiple clusters in plug-and-perf stages.

 

Motivation behind PERF CLUSTER DESIGNER

In plug-and-perf stages, production diagnostics show that only about 40% of the perforated clusters are producing. Leaving 60% clusters not stimulated efficiently. Recent wellbore diagnostics (DAS, DTS) show a strong heel-biased proppant placement in plug-and-perf stages. None of the available multi-cluster models are able to capture the observed phenomenon and quantitatively estimate the proppant distribution among multiple clusters. This is because almost all models assume proppant follows the fluid distribution flowing into the perforations, which is not true.

Unique Capabilities

Some major capabilities of Perf Cluster Designer are:

  • Proppant transport efficiency (PTE) correlations are developed from hundreds of CFD-DEM simulations
  • Pseudo-3D fracture model incorporated with moving mesh algorithm enables efficient and accurate fracture propagation simulation
  • implicit coupling between dynamic proppant distribution and multiple fracture propagation calculation
  • stress shadow effects due to both the previous stage and current stimulation stage
  • Quantitatively calculate proppant and fluid distribution for any given carrier fluid (gel, slickwater) and proppant type (sand, ceramic), proppant size, cluster/perforation geometry and injection schedule

Documentation

 

For information/inquiries, please fill out the contact form.

PERF CLUSTER DESIGNER

A Multi-Cluster Frac Simulator for Uniform Poppant Placement